What is tele-banking?
This service offers general banking services to include checking of various account information, transfer of funds, reporting of the loss, and general enquiries at the convenience of a phone call, without making a visit to a local branch.
- The nationwide number is 1566-2566, 1588-2588 and 82-31-888-8000 for calls from overseas
- There is no additional cost for ARS calls nationwide other than the KRW39 per minute, the local call rate
Steps to sign-up
- 1566-2566 and 1588-2588 for nationwide calls
- 82-31-888-8000 for calls from overseas
- Individual customers (including personal business owners)
- Sign up for internet banking at a local IBK branch.
- Request for issuance of secret card.
- Corporate customers (including groups and entities)
- Sign up at a local IBK branch with certificate of business registration, certificate of real name confirmation, corporate seal or bank seal
- A delegate must bring a power of attorney and certificate of corporate seal
Steps to use money transfer services
- 1 STEP Step 01. 1566-2566, 1588-2588
- 2 STEP Step 02. Input service code(211)
- 3 STEP Step 03. Personal registration number (business registration number), ending with # button
- 4 STEP Step 04. Tele-banking 6 digit password
- 5 STEP Step 05. Input account number for withdrawal account
(IF unaware of the account number, press # button to hear account number and press short codes according to guidance)
- 6 STEP Step 06. Password for the withdrawal account
- 7 STEP Step 07. Secret card number or OTP number, ending with # button
- 8 STEP Step 08. Input bank code for deposit bank (# for IBK)
- 9 STEP Step 09. Deposit bank account, ending with # button
- 10 STEP Step 10. Press transfer amount, ending with # button -> for KRW 10,000 press * (i.e. for transfer of KRW5million -> press 500, ending with *)
- 11 STEP Step 11. Input mobile number, ending with # button -> To notify customers, in case of a transfer failure
Steps to register tele-banking password
- 1 STEP Step 01. 1566-2566, 1588-2588
- 2 STEP Step 02. Input service code(911)
- 3 STEP Step 03. Register tele-banking password
- 4 STEP Step 04. Personal registration number (business registration number), ending with # button
- 5 STEP Step 05. Input tele-banking reference number (10 digit), ending with # button
- 6 STEP Step 06. Press 6 digit tele-banking password, ending with # button
- 7 STEP Step 07. Terminate transaction
- 8 STEP Step 08. If correct, push # button
Hours of operation
- For balance checking, money transfer and to report a loss: 24/7, all year around
- For other services : 07:00 ~ 23:00
- During Korea Financial Telecommunications & Clearing Institute’s settlement hours (23:00~24:00), money transfers to other banks are limited. For money transfers to banks that do not operate 24 hours, confirmation of original documentation can be processed through inserting 2nd dimensional barcodes and confirmation number for transfer decline by the banks operational hours.
- During the system maintenance hours (00:00~00:30), all services are stopped and some service hours may be subject to change due to service conditions.
Compliance Officer Passed Deliberation
For more information about individual products, please visit the Trading Branch or contact IBK Customer Center (1566-2566)
- If there are objections to bank transactions, you may request resolutions to the dispute handling organization of the IBK Industrial Bank or apply for conflict arbitrations through the Financial Dispute Resolution Board.
(Financial Supervisory Service: 1332 without national code number., IBK Industrial Bank of Korea: 080-800-0119)
- IBK Industrial Bank of Korea does not accept any bribes or treats, and in case of any violation of ethical management or any improvement needed, please report it. (+82-02-729-7490, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org)